Ah, November, that wonderful time of year when the Christmas products and ads start popping up everywhere (already!), when winter is in the air, when men and boys let their facial hair grow to raise money and awareness to fight prostate cancer.
We’re going to have a contest themed on one of these things. Any guesses which one?
The Moustache Memoirs contest will be open to your entries from November 1, 2014, until November 22, 2014. All submitted stories must be related to the theme of “moustache” in some way. Take the theme whatever direction seems best to you!
The best 10 submitted stories will be posted to the site during the week of November 24 to 28, 2014, at the rate of two stories per day.
The best story from all of the entries, as judged by editor Tim Sevenhuysen, will be posted as the second story of the day on Friday, November 28, and will also be marked as the Story of the Week for that week. The author of this story will receive a $15 Amazon gift card!
The story that wins the contest will also be eligible for selection as Story of the Month. (That means your story could win you up to $25 in total!)
- To be eligible for this contest, stories must be received between November 1, 2014, and November 22, 2014.
- Stories must be related to the theme of “moustache”. Stories not related to this theme will not be considered for a prize, but may be considered for later publication on the site.
- Any stories received for the contest but not published during the week of November 24 to 28, 2014, will still be held eligible for later publication on the site. Entry into the contest does not guarantee publication on the site.
- Submit your entry or entries to email@example.com. (Limit two story submissions per writer. Please send each story in a separate email. The story should be pasted into the body of the email.)
- The subject line of your email must start with “MOUSTACHE MEMOIRS ENTRY” and include the title of the story.
- Stories must be exactly 50 words long, not counting title and author biography.
- All stories must follow all guidelines specified on the Submissions page. Please read this page before sending in your entry.
I look forward to receiving your entries. Spread the word around and get your author friends to enter, too!