Jim stands before the glass window and reflects upon how much he loves springtime.
Vibrant blooms of reds and purples, accompanied by waves of yellows and greens, vibrate across his field of vision.
He places a mug reading “World’s Best Allergist” upon his desk and asks the receptionist “Who’s first?”
Craig Holzschuh says, “Gesundheit and may the pollen counts be ever in your favor.“
In many parts of the northern hemisphere it’s probably been spring for a few weeks, but here in Edmonton it’s just starting to feel like winter is truly over.
Let’s celebrate with a spring-themed 50WS contest and give away some gift cards for Amazon!
The Spring Stories contest will be open to your entries from April 14, 2014, until May 2, 2014. All submitted stories must be related to the spring season in some way. They can be funny, sad, artistic, adventurous… It’s up to you!
The best submitted stories will be posted to the site during the week of May 5 to 9, 2014, at the rate of two stories per day.
The best story from all of the entries will be posted as the second story of the day on Friday, May 9. The author of this story will receive a $15 Amazon gift card!
A draw will also be held for a $10 Amazon gift card.
There will be two ways to enter the draw. First, everyone who submits a story will automatically receive one entry into the draw. Second, another entry into the draw can be earned by either a) sharing a link to this contest announcement using the #50WordSpringStories hashtag on Twitter, b) retweeting the contest announcement tweet from @50WordStories, or c) sharing the contest announcement post on Facebook.
The winner of the grand prize will not be eligible for the draw. The draw prize winner will be selected using a random number generator, and will be announced on the day the grand prize-winning story is posted.
- To be eligible for this contest, stories must be received between April 14, 2014, and May 2, 2014.
- Stories must be related to the theme of “spring”. Stories not related to this theme will not be considered for a prize, but may be considered for later publication on the site.
- Submit your entry or entries to email@example.com. (Limit two story submissions per writer. Please send each story in a separate email. Story should be pasted into the body of the email.)
- The subject line of your email must start with “SPRING STORIES ENTRY” and include the title of the story.
- Stories must be exactly 50 words long, not counting title and author biography.
- Any stories received for the contest but not published during the week of May 5 to 9, 2014, will still be held eligible for later publication on the site. Entry into the contest does not guarantee publication on the site.
- All stories must follow all guidelines specified on the Submissions page. Please read this page before sending in your entry.
I look forward to seeing all of your entries! Let’s make this the best 50WS contest yet.
It made me mad that I couldn’t hide my sadness from them.
As the sun transformed my smile and let me age prematurely, I couldn’t forgive them for already moving on.
My last thought when my coal eyes hit the ground? “You little rascals will know the feeling soon enough!”
Originally from Germany, Tine moved to California about a year ago. Since then she has become a full-time mom taking care of a four-year-old chatterbox, which makes the fifty-word story a perfect format for her.